With the provision of the seminar room or lecture hall, a lecturer also becomes the event manager.
This results in the following duties:
- Permanent presence or comprehensible delegation of responsibility
- Compliance with the maximum number of people allowed in the room
Please check before the event:
- How you can reach the meeting point in case of danger via two independent escape routes (1st and 2nd escape route),
- Whether the escape routes in the room / building are free (e.g. due to construction work not usable, tables),
- Whether all doors along the escape routes are unlocked,
- Where the nearest fire extinguisher(s) are located and whether you need special extinguishers (e.g. when handling flammable liquids)
- How to operate the fire extinguishers.
Measures to be taken in case of danger:
- Arrange for evacuation in the event of danger, or request evacuation from a third party (alarm transmitter, fire brigade, FM / property management, safety engineer) to be complied with immediately.
- Announcement of the meeting place.
- Ascertainment of completeness at the assembly point.
- Supervision of the evacuation - (think of disabled persons, e.g. wheelchair users).
- Request for paramedic or first aider.
- In meeting places, failure of the safety lighting (or other important safety equipment) must result in the event being cancelled.
- Report any defects or special incidents to the control room (and rectorate).
- Stand by for questions from rescue services.
Further notes / recommendations:
- Training as a first aider (info Ms Susann Richter, Tel.: 3764)
- Participation in a practical fire-fighting exercise (Info Mr Hellstern Tel.: 3033