First aid kits are usually located in the corridor areas near the lifts.
The first aid kits inside the bold marked rooms are not open to the public. The symbol for first aid kits is a white cross on a green background.
Content of a First Aid kit
- 2 Eye compresses
- 2 Triangular scarfs
- 4 Disposable gloves
- 2 Wet wipes
- 10 Finger bandages
- 10 Fingertip bandages
- 4 Fixation bandages (2 x 6cm and 2 x 8 cm)
- 1 Adhesive plaster (2,5 cm)
- 6 Compresses (10 x 10 cm)
- 2 Face masks
- 1 Pair of scissors
- 4 First Aid dressings (3 x medium und 1 x large)
- 1 Dressing sheet A (60 x 80 cm)
- 1 Wound plaster (6 cm x 1 m)
- 1 Reporting block
- 1 First Aid Brochure
- 1 List of contents
Reporting block for First Aid-measures
According to § 24 para. 6 of the DGUV regulation 1 "Principles of Prevention", a record must be kept of every injury and every first aid service and this information must be retained for five years. This is a prerequisite for an accident to be recognized as an occupational accident and for any costs incurred to be covered by the accident insurance carrier - in this case the Unfallkasse Baden-Württemberg. This can be very important, for example when late effects occur, such as inflammation or even after minor cuts or punctures.
Up to now, this documentation has been done by making an entry in the first aid boxes of the enclosed first aid books. But now - according to the new DSGVO - these will soon be replaced by notification blocks with detachable sheets.
After an injury or first aid, the following steps must be followed:
- Name of the injured person, time, place, circumstances of the accident, type and severity of the injury or damage to health, as well as first aid measures, first aiders and witnesses must be recorded in writing on the notification pad.
- Tear out completed page
- Hand it in at the occupational safety department in rooms G424-426 or send it via in-house mail in a closed envelope to postbox 60
These reports will of course be treated confidentially and kept for five years.