Every larger company (or the entrepreneur) - and the university is a "larger company" - must appoint safety officers to support health and safety professionals.
In fact, the University of Konstanz - like any other university - is a rather large, complex and almost unmanageable shop. Occupational safety specialists cannot be everywhere at the same time and ensure compliance with occupational safety regulations.
That is why the DGUV prescribes:
Wording of the DGUV V1:
Appointment and tasks of safety officers according to DGUV V1
Criteria for the number of safety officers are according to DGUV V1:
- Accident and health hazards existing in the company,
- Proximity of the responsible security officers to the employees,
- Proximity of the responsible safety officers to the employees,
- Technical proximity of the responsible safety officers to the employees,
Number of employees.
(2) The safety officers shall assist the employer in implementing measures to prevent accidents at work and occupational diseases, in particular by ensuring the presence and proper use of prescribed protective devices and personal protective equipment and by drawing the attention of the insured to accident and health risks.
(3) The employer shall give the safety officers the opportunity to carry out their duties, in particular to take part, in their area, in visits to establishments and investigations of accidents and occupational diseases by the supervisors of the accident insurance institutions; the safety officers shall be informed of the results obtained.
(4) The employer shall ensure that the occupational safety specialists and occupational physicians work closely together with the safety officers.
(5) The safety officers shall not be disadvantaged because of the performance of the tasks assigned to them.
(6) The employer shall give the safety officers the opportunity to take part in training and further education measures of the accident insurance institution, insofar as this is necessary with regard to the type of operation and the associated accident and health hazards for the insured persons, as well as in consideration of operational concerns.
As far as the legal regulation...