Responsibilities of university quality management
- Implementing the QM concept in the fields of research, the advancement of junior researchers, university study and teaching as well as administration.
- Coordinating the internal accreditation of study programmes as well as teaching, research and the advancement of junior researchers, equal opportunities and internationalisation (departmental cycle, Rectorate cycle and peer-review cycle).
- Completing monitoring reports for the departments in cooperation with Controlling.
- Conducting surveys (of students, exmatriculated students, graduates and doctoral researchers).
- Conducting course evaluations.
- Conducting and/or coordinating specific, individual evaluations as requested by the Rectorate or other university bodies.
- Analysing and optimising processes in the fields of research, the advancement of junior researchers, study and teaching, human resources, finances, infrastructure and overarching topics as well as providing documentation in the process portal (uni network or VPN client required).
- Providing information and advice on evaluation topics, quality assurance and quality development.
According to the Landeshochschulgesetz § 5 (state law on higher education, only available in German) and the University of Konstanz Constitution, the Rectorate is responsible for quality management.
The Quality Management Unit’s services are at the disposal of the university’s management, faculties, departments and central administration. It cooperates with various university bodies, departments and divisions.