The "Cluster of Excellence The Politics of Inequality" is one of two clusters of excellence at the University of Konstanz that are funded within the framework of the Excellence Strategy of the federal and state governments. The internal mid-term evaluation of the cluster is carried out by the Quality Management Office.
Contents and goals:
The evaluation is based on the funding criteria of the German Science and Humanities Council (Wissenschaftsrat, WR) and the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) in the areas of (1) research, (2) scientists, (3) supporting structures and strategies and (4) environment and examines the following questions:
- Does the Custer continue to meet the funding criteria of the German Science Council and the German Research Foundation?
- Do the cluster's measures contribute to the achievement of its scientific and structural goals, as well as to the more general fulfilment of the funding criteria?
The evaluation is carried out in the following steps:
- Data collection and interviews (September 2022-February 2023).
- Oral interim report (February 2023)
- Written final report (April 2023)