This is a protected area. Further documents for Eva ZwuE and for the Customer and Employee survey as well as for the participants of the on-site visit will be available after you log in. Please log in at the top right corner under "My University".
Some of you may remember that, in 2011, the university's central divisions were evaluated in depth. Now it's time for another evaluation of the academic support services.
In agreement with the Kanzler, the Staff Council and the directors of KIM, the staff units and divisions, the evaluation will focus on the central administrative divisions, the Communication, Information, Media Centre (KIM) and the staff units.
Why are the academic support services being evaluated?
The goal is to optimize and continue to develop the university units/divisions. After using the evaluation to identify strengths and weaknesses, the university will be better able to spotlight where there is potential for development and to implement targeted measures to make corresponding improvements. Where possible, the results of the new evaluation should be linked to the 2011 results.
Starting 8 November 2021, several online surveys of university members will take place that will form the foundation for the evaluation.
The "staff survey" (conducted by the Organisational Studies research team led by Professor Kunze in the Department of Politics and Public Administration) can be completed by all staff in the central university divisions, the staff units and KIM. The "customer survey" (conducted by Quality Management) will be offered to anyone who has used a service provided by the university units/divisions being evaluated. An additional section was added to the annual "doctoral researcher survey" in order to assess the quality of academic support services offered by the central university divisions.
The results of the surveys will also be used for the interim evaluation in the Universities of Excellence funding line of the Excellence Strategy.
At 11:00 on 8 November 2021, we invite you to take part in an online information event focussing on the surveys and the evaluation.
What topics are included in the evaluation, and which criteria will be used?
Since it is not possible to include every potential topic in the evaluation, it will focus on the following aspects:
• Leadership, strategy and planning
• Employee satisfaction
• Partnerships and resources
• Customer satisfaction
The topics were selected based on the Common Assessment Framework (caf-netzwerk.de), a quality management instrument developed by the public sector for the public sector. The CAF model supports organizations with improving their performance by helping them to assess themselves from different perspectives.
Procedure and schedule
- Concept creation
- Establishing of an accompanying workgroup
- Discussion of the concept with the department heads and the accompanying workgroup
- Selecction of the evaluators
- Determination of the on-site visit date
- Student survey "Sag's uns!" with emphasis on administration
- Employee survey
- Customer survey (together with the survey for department representatives and scientists as part of of the mid-term survey ExStra)
- If applicable: focusgroup survey
- If applicable: census of key figures
June 2021 - March 2022
Discussion of survey results and creation of self-evaluation
- Discussion of results (key figures, surveys, focus groups) with the heads of the departments and the accompanying workgroup.
- Koordination of self-evaluation with the heads of the departments and the accompanying workgroup.
February 2022 - May 2022
- Two-day on-site visit at the University of Konstanz: talks with Rectorate, evaluated units, representatives of departments and students.
2. June - 3. June 2022
Discussion of reviewers' report incl. possible consequences / catalogue of measures
September 2022 - October 2022
Discussion of strategy with rectorate and resolution of catalogue of measures
Review of implemented measures (follow-up report)