Contents and Objectives
The evaluation of the Zukunftskolleg was conducted from October 2017 to May 2018 and included the following topics:
- Achievement of the programme: To what extend do the Zukunfstkolleg as an institution and the COFUND programme aim to best encourage young scientists to pursue a scientific career?
- Review of support services for Zukunftskolleg fellows: To what extent is the funding from the Zukunftskolleg and COFUND programme helpful in achieving objectives?
- Impact: What is the significance do COFUND and the Zukunftskolleg have for each other and for the University of Konstanz?
- Analysis of official documents (annual reports, statistical data, programme calls, statutes)
- Semi-structured interviews with relevant persons (employees of the Zukunftskolleg, members of the board, senior fellows, mentors, faculty representatives and administrative staff of the University of Konstanz)
- Interviewing focus groups with fellows (5-year and 2-year fellows)
- Online survey of current and former fellows
The report was presented in May 2018.