German for studies and daily life
- All bachelor's programmes at the University of Konstanz are in German. You are required to submit proof of your German language ability no later than during your enrolment.
- Sufficient proof of German language ability is also required for the German master's programmes.
- Proof of German language ability is not required for the English master's programmes. However:
Even if you are going to be participating in programmes taught in English, you should learn the language of your host country. In order to successfully acclimate yourself to a new country, basic language skills are required.
Learning German at the University of Konstanz
- We offer a 4-week German intensive language course with orientation programme before the start of the semester in March and September. All enrolled students at the University of Konstanz can participate. Student family members can also take part in the course.
- Bodensee Summer School (August | 4 weeks)
- German language courses at the university’s Language Institute (SLI) during the semester.
- German language courses for doctoral students and guest researchers at the Welcome Center.
There are no German language courses offered at the University of Konstanz that lead to DSH or TestDaF. TestDaF can be completed at the Humboldt Institute and through the CDC.