Lake Constance Summer School 2023
More than just a blended event! | Four weeks of German language, History and Culture | 1st August - 24th August 2023
For international students starting their studies in the winter semester at one of Lake Constance Arts & Science Association universities as well as students from one of the University of Konstanz’s partner universities, a German intensive language course offered at the level A1 (beginners) to B2 (advanced). The language course is complemented by a varied accompanying programme in the afternoon.
Lectures on history and culture, politics and economics, as well as on studies and science, among other topics, are a focal point.
The Lake Constance Summer School is organised by the International Office and the Language Institute of the University of Konstanz and financially supported by the Lake Constance Arts & Science Association.
Blended Format from 01.08 - 24.08.2023
Online: 01.08. - 11.08. - Face-to-face in Konstanz: 14.08. - 24.08.
Level: A1 - B2.2
74 teaching units
€ 480,00 partner* - incl. social program - without accommodation
€ 580,00 external Partner - incl. social program - without accommodation
Social program includes BBQ, cultural excursions, boat cruise, social events, goodie bag and more …
Accommodation can be booked additionally (see below)
Registration from 10.02.
Lake Constance Summer School
The intensive language course comprises 74 teaching units in both online and face-to-face format:
Blended Format from 01.08 - 24.08.2023:
Online: 01.08. - 11.08. 4 lessons per day - from 13:00 - 16:00 (CEST - UTC+2h)
Face-to-face: 14.08. - 24.08. 4 lessons per day -form 09:00 - 12:30 plus workshop, excursions, party
The face-to-face part of the language course is complemented by an accompanying cultural programme in the afternoons. In addition to lectures on history, politics, economics and science, a variety of cultural and sporting activities, participants are encouraged to develop and present their own project.
The Lake Constance Summer School program offers:
- intensive German lessons - for efficient and sustainable improvement of language skills
- Supplementary lectures - to deepen the regional knowledge of the Lake Constance region and the neighboring countries
- Sightseeing and excursions - to broaden the individual experience with the people and culture of the Lake Constance region
The Lake Constance Summer School is suitable for students of all subjects with an interest in the German language and German-speaking countries.
The Language Course
The teaching in the course groups from level A1.1. (beginners) to B2.2 (advanced) with a maximum of 15 participants is carried out by lecturers who have a university education in German as a foreign language and relevant teaching experience.
Content: The training of the four skills (listening, reading, writing, speaking) on the basis of authentic material is combined with exercises on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Preparation for study and residence in the Lake Constance region is the focus.
- an ungraded certificate of attendance with 6 ECTS* points is awarded for regular active participation, completion of homework (approx. 1 hour per day), preparation of a portfolio, active participation in a final presentation.
- in addition, a graded certificate of achievement may be awarded for participation in a final test.
* Please check in advance with you home university whether thes ECTS-Credits are vailid.
B&B Hotel Konstanz
No vacancies left.
You can find additional information on housing possibilities in Konstanz here.
Fees for students of the partner universities of the Lake Constance Arts & Science Association and other universities
480,00 Euro - partner universities
580,00 Euro - other universities
The fee includes the following services:
74 lessons, placement test, teaching material, language certificate, 4 further lectures and the accompanying cultural programme.
Accommodation costs are not included in the course fee.
Registration and Payment
The online applications are open between 10. February and 15. May
In order to prepare our language classes, please complete the Goethe Institute’s online placement test and enter your result in the registration form.
Likewise, we require a language biography.
The number of participants for the course is limited. We therefore recommend that you register as soon as possible. Please use the registration form.
The payments are open on the 4th of April and the deadline is the 15th of June.
The payment cann only be assigned with the following not:
Reference: 861/13, Surname, Name - Lake Constance Summer School 2023
Always specify the subject in full.
- Account holder: Universitaet Konstanz
- Address: Universitaetsstrasse 10, 78457 Konstanz, GERMANY
- Bank name: BW-Bank Konstanz
- Bank address: Bodanplatz 6-8, 78462 Konstanz, GERMANY
- IBAN: DE92 600 501 01 748 650 1274
- BIC/SWIFT: SOLADEST
If your payment is late or missing, your registration will be discarded.
Please note also: The bank transfer fees has to be added on the amount required for payment of the course fees. Credit card payments are subject to extra charge of 4% of the payable amount.
Cancellation and refund of the course fees
The refund is possible if the cancellation is made no later than four weeks (01. July) prior the start of the Summer School.
Credit Card payments
Credit Card Payment Form
Valid passport with visa (non-EU/EEA students coming to Germany).
An appropriate letter of invitation can be issued to apply for a visa.
Valid passport for all other nationals, including EU citizens!
If you have further questions regarding the visa for your studies in the following semesters in Germany, Switzerland, Austria or Liechtenstein, please contact the International Office of your future Wissenschaftsverbund Vierländerregion Bodensee partner university.
Find an overview of which nationalities have to apply for a visa here.
Students from EU/EEA countries and Switzerland are automatically insured through their
EHIC card (GHIC for students from the UK). Students with non-EU/EEA nationality are requi-
red to take care of sufficient health insurance coverage for Germany themselves.
Lake Constance Arts & Sciences Association
Who we are:
The Lake Constance Arts & Sciences Association supports and facilitates cooperation between 25 higher education institutions around Lake Constance, across Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. World-leading research universities, universities of applied sciences, teacher training colleges, as well as music and art academies work together under our auspices, creating mutual synergies from their individual strengths and perspectives.
We develop innovative solutions for the region in transnational cooperation with industry and other non-academic partners. Close collaboration in these projects leads to long-term partnerships: we see our diverse approaches as a strength as we learn from one another and exploit new opportunities in knowledge transfer.
Social impact is at the centre of all our projects; be it in the form of innovative products and services, new societal alliances or evidence-based policy advice. To this purpose, our researchers work together with companies, policymakers and civil society. All partners are united in their understanding that the greatest challenges do not stop at state borders or system boundaries, and that the best results arise in collaboration between diverse stakeholders.
Universities of the Lake Contance Art and Science Association
Verbund - Wissenschaftsverbund Vierländerregion Bodensee
- Duale Hochschule BW-Ravensburg
- Hochschule Albstadt-Sigmaringen
- Hochschule Furtwangen
- Hochschule Kempten
- Hochschule Konstanz HTWG
- Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten - Technik, Wirtschaft, Sozialwesen
- Pädagogische Hochschule Weingarten
- Staatliche Hochschule für Musik Trossingen
- Universität Konstanz
- Zeppelin Universität Friedrichshafen
- Fachhochschule Vorarlberg
- Pädagogische Hochschule Vorarlberg
- Stella Vorarlberg Privathochschule für Musik
- OST – Ostschweizer Fachhochschule | OST
- HfH Interkantonale Hochschule für Heilpädagogik
- Pädagogische Hochschule des Kantons St. Gallen
- Pädagogische Hochschule Schaffhausen
- Pädagogische Hochschule Thurgau
- Pädagogische Hochschule Zürich
- Schweizer Hochschule für Logopädie Rorschach
- Universität St. Gallen
- Universität Zürich
- ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
- ZHdK Zürcher Hochschule der Künste