“We don't just want to deal with and control digitalisation, we want to guide and shape it," says the Baden-Württemberg state government in its recently published digitisation strategy. The future development of communication technologies also advances many new possibilities for university teachers to work with students.
This event aims to provide new insights into the digitalisation of university teaching from different perspectives. The focus here will be on both the possibilities and the challenges of digitally enriched/supported teaching and learning formats for teachers and students.
Invited experts will give impulse lectures on scientific issues related to the digitalisation of teaching as well as presentations on best-practices. Although they will represent national and international (partner) universities that all share a strong focus on digitalisation in university teaching, they are also scholars from relevant educational research areas and media studies. With this event, the University of Konstanz intends to set in motion a drive towards an enhanced and effective digitalisation, one that is characterised by structural diversity in its didactic concepts while taking relevant scientific methods, procedures and theories into consideration.
- Prof. (HSG) Dr. Sascha Spoun, President Leuphana University of Lüneburg
- Dr. Patrick Jermann, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausann, Director, EPFL Center for Digital Education
- Mag. Dr. Caroline Roth-Ebner, Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Associate Professor, Department of Media and Communication Studies
- Dr. Jozef Colpaert, Universiteit Antwerpen, Department of Instructional and Educational Sciences, Coordinator of the Center of Expertise for Higher Education
- Dr. Lim Lai Cheng, Singapore Management University, Executive Director, Academy for Continuing Education, Academic Director, Office of Prevost, Fellow, School of Social Sciences,
- Bernie Koh, Singapore Management University, Senior Manager, Center of Teaching Excellence (Web contribution)
- Dr. Daniëlle Verstegen, Universiteit Maastricht, Assistant Professor, Department of Educational Research and Development
- Dr. Andreas Weich, TU Braunschweig, Department of Media Education
- Dr. Sebastian Stüker, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Research Group Leader, Institute for Anthropomatics and Robotics