If you are enrolled in the Master's Programme Psychology with a Concentration in Forensics, you must pay a special tuition fee of 2,500 euros per semester. This is in addition to the other required fees. For the standard study period of 4 semesters, the total amount due is 10,000 euros. If the standard period of study is exceeded, no further tuition fees will be charged.
When do I need to pay the tuition fees?
- required to pay when you have applied for and got an admission for this study programme and you want to get enrolled or
- when you have already been enrolled.
The amount of fees due is determined during the enrolment procedure and applies to the entire length of study.
The first instalment is due within the official enrolment period for the first semester. For the following semesters, you are required to submit payment by the relevant due dates in order to continue your studies (re-registration) regulated in § 11 para. 2 Statute for Matriculation and Enrolment of the University of Konstanz (ZImmO) according to the most current edition.
If, however, you are able to transfer into a higher semester at the beginning of your studies, your tuition costs will reduced accordingly.
Are there exceptions for the tuition fees?
- If you are on leave of absence, no tuition fees is usually charged. Exceptions:
During a leave of absence for maternity/parental leave (Mutterschutz/Elternzeit) or nursing care leave (Pflegezeit) according to (§ 61 para. 3 LHG (state law on higher education) and § 12 para. 1 no. 6 and 7 ZImmO (statute for matriculation and enrolment of the University of Konstanz)). If you are taking courses and completing examinations that relate to the courses occurring during your leave of absence, you will have to retrospectively pay reduced tuition fees (§ 12 para. 4 sentence 8 ZImmO). In this case, the amount of tuition fees depends on the completed course work and examinations in relation to the requirements stated in the study and examination regulations (modules/ECTS per semester). The exact amount is determined by the programme’s examination committee.
- Upon application, the corresponding examination board may waive the tuition fees entirely or partially if you cannot start or continue the study programme due to convincing reasons or circumstances beyond your control. Tuition fees already paid may be refunded under the same conditions. There are no exemptions from tuition fees. The following regulations will apply irrespective to the previous provisions.
How long do I need to pay the tuition fees?
At least for the duration of the standard period of study of four semesters. If you complete your studies before the normal study period, then you still have to pay the outstanding amount according to (§ 62 para. 5 Landeshochschulgesetz - LHG (state law on higher education)). If you have been enrolled in a higher semester, you will pay a reduced total amount according to the number of semester.
When exmatriculating, you can have all or part of your paid tuition fees refunded to you. Important: This rule does not apply to the semester in which you have received your degree.
Amount of the refund:
- You will receive 2,000 euros when exmatriculating during 1 - 30 April for the summer semester, and during 1 - 31 October for the winter semester
- You will receive 1,600 euros when exmatriculating up until 31 May during the summer semester and until 30 November during the winter semester
- You will receive 1,200 euros when exmatriculating up until 30 June during the summer semester and until 31 December during the winter semester
- You will receive 800 euros when exmatriculating up until 31 July during the summer semester and until 31 January during the winter semester
- You will receive 400 euros when exmatriculating up until 31 August during the summer semester and until 28/29 February during the winter semester
When exmatriculating at a later date, you will not receive a refund.