The university collects on behalf of and for the services provided by Seezeit Bodensee Student Services from all enrolled (doctoral) students a student services fee of 95 euros per semester (§ 1 para. 1 in conjunction with § 2 para. 1 no. 1 Seezeit Bodensee student services schedule of fees).
The student services fee is a solidarity fee. This means that it will be charged regardless of the actual use of the available services (§ 2 para. 3 Seezeit Bodensee student services schedule of fees).
The student services fee includes:
22 euros for a discounted Studi-Ticket. Seezeit transfers this amount directly to the Stadtwerke Konstanz (municipal services) (15 euros) and the Verkehrsverbund Hegau-Bodensee - VHB (regional transportation network service provider) (7 Euro).
73 euros funds a portion of the social services of Seezeit. These include amongst others:
- The main and alternative meals in the cafeteria (e. g. so-called Seezeit-Teller, KombinierBar or hin&weg)
- Rooms in the student residence halls
- Seezeit Kindergarten
- Complimentary advisory services (e.g.psychotherapeutic and social counselling)
- Support for international students
- Operation of central services (e.g. Seezeit Service Center)
Students with a severely disabled ID who can use public transport free of charge can have the solidarity fee for the semester ticket reimbursed by the Seezeit Service Center. The formless application has to be submitted to the Seezeit Service Center at the latest on the day before the semester starts (§ 4 para. 2 Seezeit Bodensee student services schedule of fees).