Change of address and departure

Moving within Konstanz

If you move during your stay in Konstanz, please take time to inform the following people of your change in address. Feel free to contact us if you would like assistance. Who should I contact if my address changes?:

  • Bürgerbüro (citizens services)
  • University of Konstanz/Landesamt für Besoldung
  • my scholarship donor
  • my bank
  • my health insurance provider
  • other insurance providers (e.g. liability insurance)
  • mobile phone service provider
  • Broadcasting fee service
  • re-register for utilities (electricity) with the Stadtwerke
  • the university’s Department of Student Affairs (for enrolled doctoral students)

It would also be a good idea to have the Deutsche Post forward your mail to the new address using a Nachsendeauftrag.

Moving companies in Konstanz and sourroundings:

Die Wichtelmänner e.K.

Opelstraße 3
78467 Konstanz
Tel.:07531 929300


Kilsch Umzüge

Max-Stromeyer-Straße 53
78467 Konstanz
Tel.:0800 0055579

Die Umzugsprofis

Radolfzeller Str. 107
78467 Konstanz
Tel.:07531 454548

Libero - Umzüge und Transporte

Joseph-Belli-Weg 30
78467 Konstanz
Tel.: 7531 690592


Robert-Bosch-Straße 7,
78224 Singen (Hohentwiel)
Tel: 07731/796718 or 07731/783922


Studentenhelfer - Umzüge

Singen (Hohentwiel)
Tel.:07731 5051130

Before you leave

Before your stay in Konstanz ends, make sure to take care of a few formalities and especially to cancel your contracts in time:

  • de-register with the Bürgerbüro (citizens services)
  • close your bank account
  • inform your health insurance
  • cancel your rental contract for housing
  • return your key (remember to document the occasion, including any damages)
  • cancel your insurance policies (e.g. liability insurance)
  • cancel your mobile phone contract
  • cancel your telephone/internet service
  • cancel your contract for electricity from the Stadtwerke, if necessary
  • return your library card
  • return your university key
  • return your parking card
  • return your Mensakarte (cafeteria card)
  • have yourself exmatriculated
  • de-register for the broadcasting fee
  • cancel your BahnCard contract
  • settle your taxes
  • take care of your pension insurance

It would also be a good idea to have the Deutsche Post forward your mail to your home country address using a Nachsendeauftrag.