The University of Konstanz campus map provides you with orientation. The staff of the I-Point at the main entrance will be happy to assist you with directions.
Building opening hours
Travel by vehicle
The destination address is: Universitaetsstrasse 10 78464 Konstanz GERMANY
From Stuttgart (180 km)
Autobahn (motorway) A 81 towards Singen. From exit "Kreuz Hegau" onwards, you will find signs for Konstanz Once in Konstanz, follow the signs for “Universität”
From Munich (220 km)
Autobahn (motorway) A 96 towards Lindau. In Lindau, take B 31 towards Meersburg. From Meersburg, take the vehicle ferry to Konstanz. Once in Konstanz, follow the signs for “Universität”
From Zurich (75 km)
Autobahn (motorway) A7 towards Kreuzlingen/Konstanz. After crossing the border into Germany, first follow the signs for “Mainau”. Then follow the signs for "Universität“.
You may park your vehicle for 1.50 Euro per day in one of the university parking lots - signs lead you to them. Further information regarding parking (location, hours etc.).
New ticketing system at Parkhaus Süd
- When entering the car park, request your ticket by pushing the yellow button at the entrance barrier.
- Use one of the pay machines in the car park to pay for your ticket before leaving (change is given). There are two pay machines in the entrance area on levels A and B. You can pay for your ticket using the following:
- Coins (0.10 €, 0.20 €, 0.50 €, 1.00 €, 2.00 €) and notes (5 €, 10 €, 20 €)
- Bank card and PIN number
- Please note that you can no longer pay for your ticket using SMS & Park. The Nord, Ost and Uni-Sport car parks remain unaffected by these changes. You can continue to pay using the pay and display ticket machines or SMS & Park.
- You can request a receipt once you have paid for your ticket.
- Please leave the car park immediately after paying for your ticket.
Can I use my employee ticket?
As before, you may not use your employee ticket to park your car in Parkhaus Süd.
If you experience problems using either or both of the two pay machines (locations: entrance area on levels A and B), please press the call button, which will connect you to PBW’s 24/7 control room. Both the pay machines and the entrance and exit terminals have call buttons.
Have you lost your ticket?
Please use the call button on the pay machine or the entrance and exit terminals to talk to the PBW team. They will issue a replacement ticket for you.
Travel by taxi
Taxi companies in and around Konstanz.
Travel by train
Train station destination: Hauptbahnhof Konstanz (main train station)
In front of the train station you can take buses 9A and 9B directly to the main entrance of the university.
Travel by bus
Bus line 9A and 9B and 9C:
From, for example, the main train station.
From, for example, the bus stop at the Wollmatingen train station.
From, for example, the bus stop at the main train station, exit at the Egg bus stop. You can reach the university and the sport facilities by following the respective signs.
Travel by ferry
Alternatively you can take Bus line 1 (Bus stop is at the harbour) to the "Sternenplatz" bus stop. Transfer to bus line 9A or 9B (please walk through the pedestrian tunnel to the other side of the street).
Travel by plane
Destination airport: Zürich (1 hour drive or 1,5 hours by train to Konstanz) or Stuttgart (2.5 hours drive or 4.5 hours by train to Konstanz).
We wish you a safe journey to Konstanz!