The following terms apply to all events offered by Academic Staff Development:
Please register for any event you wish to attend, unless otherwise stated.
Registration is binding, and we will confirm your registration via email.
Participation and costs
- Researchers currently working at the University of Konstanz may participate in all events offered by Academic Staff Development, regardless of how their position is funded. The University of Konstanz will cover most event costs for this group, with participants only having to contribute € 25, unless the event is offered free of charge. The cost for attending each event is listed on the respective event page.
- Participants from outside the university may take part in those events that state a specific fee for external participants and that are not already filled with researchers from the University of Konstanz. External participants are usually charged € 250 per event, but please check the specific costs listed on the respective event page.
- You may generally only attend courses for which you are the target audience.
- For most courses, space is limited (see individual course description). Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- If an event is fully booked and there are cancellations, we will immediately inform those on the waiting list that spaces have become available.
- We will communicate any changes via email.
- Different terms of participation and costs apply to events we offer with the Hochschuldidaktikzentrum Baden-Württemberg (centre for university didactics, HDZ). Visit the HDZ website for further information.
- Childcare for the duration of the event is available for your children aged 3 months to 10 years. At least six weeks before the event, please contact Christiane Harmsen , phone: +49 7531 88-2160, to request the childcare you need. Visit the Office for Equal Opportunity, Family Affairs and Diversity website for more information.
The total amount becomes due one week after receiving the email confirming your registration. You may also pay the amount due at the Universitätskasse (university cashier's office).
Certificate of attendance
As long as you participated in the entire event, you may request a certificate of attendance for any event.
Cancellation (of registration or a course)
- Up to 14 days before an event you registered for, you may cancel your registration without having to pay anything.
- If you cancel your registration after this point and there is a fee to participate in the event, then you will be charged the full amount. The date your cancellation is emailed or postmarked counts as the cancellation date.
- We reserve the right to cancel courses on short notice if we have good reason to do so (e.g. the instructor becomes ill).