The Cultural Studies Research Centre (ZKF) was recently established at the University of Konstanz as a platform for cultural studies research. The ZKF brings the university’s research activities in cultural studies together and develops them further. It also helps to initiate new joint research projects in addition to promoting early-career researchers and international research collaboration. The ZKF is open for all researchers at the University of Konstanz whose research contributes to cultural studies and who are interested in deeper interdisciplinary collaboration.
Research at the ZKF covers the full spectrum of cultural studies topics. “The Cultural Studies Research Centre examines all current cultural phenomena and social processes of self-expression. We are particularly interested in social processes, but also in the way people share experiences – how they conceptualise and remember them”, summarizes Professor Christina Wald, the ZKF’s director. The centre’s research also includes issues of integration and disintegration, the migration of persons, ideas and aesthetic forms, as well as social self-description and its different performance and representation cultures.
Which funding programmes are provided by the ZKF? How will it continue the research work of the Cluster of Excellence "Cultural Foundations of Social Integration” that received funding until the end of October 2019? Visit our online magazine campus.kn to find out more.
- The Cultural Studies Research Centre at the University of Konstanz brings research activities in cultural studies together and promotes interdisciplinary research projects
- Director: Professor Christina Wald, professor of English literature and literary theory at the University of Konstanz
- Open for all researchers at the University of Konstanz whose research contributes to cultural studies
- Thematically linked to the Cluster of Excellence "Cultural Foundations of Social Integration”, which was funded in the framework of the German Excellence Initiative from 2006 to 2019
- #campus.kn is the University of Konstanz’s online magazine. We provide multimedia publications on current topics from science and research, study and teaching, as well as campus life at the university.