TEDxKonstanz releases tickets for 2021 event
Register now for the free, online conference exploring the theme of “Kaleidoscope: Patterns in Nature and Society.”
TEDxKonstanz will be held online and will be live broadcasted from March 2-5, 2021. The independently organized event, licensed by the conference series TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design), will bring together leading scientists and artists to discuss the theme of patterns against the backdrop of the technologies and issues shaping our time.
TEDxKonstanz is organized by students of the University of Konstanz and co-located Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior. The talks are organized around the concepts of animal intelligence and perception; mathematics of music and music across cultures; art and technology; and changes in patterns in society. Each day will focus on one concept, featuring two short (18-minute) talks. Talks will be available in both English and German.
Angela Albi, TEDxKonstanz chief organizer, and PhD student at the University of Konstanz and MPI-AB says: “Shifting patterns are a fascinating lens for understanding the complexities of nature and society. Our talks will animate in-depth discussion at the intersection of technology, science, and society.”
Talks will address questions including: How does technology influence our perception of the world around us, and can AI mimic our human sense of aesthetics? What can we learn from the study of patterns to address general issues in science or facing our society? How do different cultures, or different academic disciplines, think about patterns?
TEDxKonstanz is fully virtual and free for all to attend. Talks will be live-streamed during the March event, and made available afterwards on the TEDx website. A total of 100 tickets will be reserved for a live audience to participate in post-talk discussions with the presenters.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. Some of the best talks from TEDx events have gone on to be featured on TED.com and garnered millions of views from audiences across the globe. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x=independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
“We are thrilled to be able to bring the spirit of ideas worth spreading from the world-renowned TED conferences to Konstanz,” said Jacob Davidson, TEDxKonstanz organizer and research scientist at the University of Konstanz and MPI-AB. “We think this captures one of the values of Konstanz, where people are not only interested in seeing interesting patterns, but in affecting the world around them and creating change.”
- TEDxKonstanz will be held from March 2-5, 2021 with the theme of “Kaleidoscope: Patterns in Nature and Society.”
- TEDxKonstanz is an independently organized event that brings a TED-like experience to Konstanz. It is organized by students and members of the University of Konstanz and the Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior.
- TEDxKonstanz is fully virtual and free for all attend. Talks will be available in both English and German. The event will be live-streamed and also made available afterwards on the TEDx website. One hundred tickets are available for a live audience to engage in Q&A discussions with speakers following the talks.
- Updates posted on
- TEDxKonstanz sponsors include: Seitenbau, Johner Institute, Prospective, Kulturamt Konstanz, Stadtwerke Konstanz GmbH
- TEDxKonstanz academic partners include the University of Konstanz and the Cluster of Excellence ‘Centre for the Advanced Study of Collective Behaviour’; the Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior; the Hochschule Konstanz Technik, Wirtschaft und Gestaltung (HTWG).
- - -
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world’s leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes or less. Many of these talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
(Source: TED, www.ted.com)