Conflicts may arise as a consequence of the scientific work that is carried out, or whilst collaborating with superiors, colleagues or staff members. The contact persons listed below can support and help you find constructive solutions to your disagreements.
The university’s ombudsperson for research lends additional support to individuals who report a potential case of academic misconduct. They also advise individuals who find themselves under suspicion of academic misconduct.
Ombudsperson for research
Professor Bernhard Schink
Room: M 905
Office hours: by appointment
Phone: +49 7531 88 -2140
- Our ombudsperson for research
- provides advice, mediation services and support to all researchers and scientists working at the University of Konstanz,
- advises (anonymously, if required) on questions of good scientific practice, potential violations as well as related conflicts,
- supports individuals who have reported a potential case of academic misconduct (whistleblowers) and may therefore be subject to sanctions by other institutions,
- is your point of contact, if you are being suspected of academic misconduct.
Academic Staff Development (ASD)
Room: V 613, consultations in Y 322
Office hours: by appointment (via email)
Phone: +49 7531 88 -5323
- ASD is the University of Konstanz’s main service provider for academic staff development, the advancement of junior researchers and educational development, offering the following services:
- academic staff development services for researchers and university teachers at all career levels
- individual consultations and coaching sessions for junior researchers experiencing conflicts
- Systemic coach
- Long-standing experience in the advancement of junior researchers and staff development