It is not entirely uncommon for conflicts to arise between doctoral researchers and their supervisors (and vice versa). This may also include differences of opinion about how your doctoral thesis should progress. The contact persons listed below can support and help you find constructive solutions to your disagreements.
The university’s ombudsperson for research lends additional support to individuals who report a potential case of academic misconduct. They also advise individuals who find themselves under suspicion of academic misconduct.
Ombudsperson for research
Please find information about the current ombudsperson here: uni.kn/en/research/research-profile/academic-integrity-and-quality-assurance/ombudsperson-for-research.
- Our ombudsperson for research
- provides advice, mediation services and support to all researchers and scientists working at the University of Konstanz,
- advises (anonymously, if required) on questions of good scientific practice, potential violations as well as related conflicts,
- supports individuals who have reported a potential case of academic misconduct (whistleblowers) and may therefore be subject to sanctions by other institutions,
- is your point of contact, if you are being suspected of academic misconduct.
Academic Staff Development (ASD)
Room: V 609
Office hours: by appointment (via email)
Phone: +49 7531 88-4987
- The Academic Staff Development unit manages the university's human resources development, is responsible for the advancement of junior researchers, oversees the university’s educational development and offers the following services:
- academic staff development services for researchers and university teachers at all career levels
- individual consultations and coaching sessions for junior researchers experiencing conflicts
- Diplom psychologist
- Systemic coach
- Long-standing experience in human resources development and doctoral research