The central process management of the University of Konstanz conceives itself as a form of organisational development. It is a contribution to the preservation of processual knowledge and an offer to departments / divisions to analyse and further develope processes with regard to their potential for improvement. Further on it is an inherent part of the QM-System.
Goals of the process management
- Increase transparence of procedures
- Sort responsibilities
- Fine-tune interfaces between organisational units
- Improve procedures
- Relieve scientists from administational tasks
- Make processual knowledge accessible and secure it through documentation in the process portal of the University of Konstanz
from this, the following tasks can be deduced:
- Conduct process elicitation and analyses
- Reveal potentials for improvement
- Assemble process groups, prepare and evalute, moderate, rehash results
- Create process models
- Maintain the process portal and conceptually refine it
Independantly of the context in which projects regarding processes are started - to create tranparency, to directly improve a procedure, to ease the introductory training of new employees, to depict the view of a process in organisational development projects - the PPO takes on the role of a neutral moderator and supports the respective departments / divisions through organisational coordination and content preparation and postprocessing.