Video surveillance at the University of Konstanz
1. Responsible party
University of Konstanz
represented by its rector, Professor Kerstin Krieglstein
Phone: +49 7531 88-0
2. Data protection officer
3. Purpose of data processing</ h4>
- To protect the life, health, freedom or property of people visiting the public institution.
- To protect the property of the University of Konstanz (buildings, objects, cultural assets).
4. Legal basis
Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e) in connection with para. 3 of the GDPR in connection with § 18 Landesdatenschutzgesetz Baden Württemberg (data protection act), last amended on 18 December 2018.
- Internal recipient: The data will be processed by the Communication, Information, Media Centre (KIM).
- External recipients: If there is a legal basis for doing so, the recordings will be given to the police, courts and state authorities.
6. Storage duration
The data will be stored for 72 hours after it is recorded. The data will then be deleted as long as it is not needed for prosecuting a crime or the enforcement of other rights.
7. Your rights
- In accordance with Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information from the University of Konstanz about any data it saves that is related to your person and/or to have incorrect data corrected as per Article 16 GDPR.
- You also have the right to demand that your data be deleted (Article 17 GDPR) or that the processing and use thereof be restricted (Article 18 GDPR), as well as to object to the processing and use of your data (Article 21 GDPR).
- To better understand and exercise your rights, please contact our data protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, you have the right to file a complaint with the regulating authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the law (Article 77 GDPR). The responsible contact person at the regulating authority is the Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg (state commissioner for data protection and the freedom of information in Baden-Württemberg) (https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de).