1. Name and contact details of the data protection officer
You can contact the university’s data protection officer by emailing:
Website: Data protection officer
2. Name and address of the responsible institution
The responsible institution as per the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other national data protection laws of the member states as well as additional data protection regulations is the:
University of Konstanz
represented by the Rectorate
78464 Konstanz GERMANY
Responsible for content:
Kanzler's office - PPO
Idea and feedback management
3. Description and scope of data processing
We process your data for the purpose of the organisation of the idea and feedback management. The personal data entered in the form is sent to us by e-mail and stored in TYPO3. Even if no personal data is provided, some data is still available in the backend. The data in the backend can only be accessed by admins and may not be viewed. The admins are obliged to maintain confidentiality.
The following data is collected and stored via the form:
- Surname and first name
- E-mail address
- Status group (employees, students, other)
- Submitted idea / submitted feedback
- Uploaded documents (optional)
If you provide personal data, we will process it as follows:
- in the event of the submission of feedback or an idea, the personal data gathered for communication with the person providing the feedback will be stored in the feedback management system until the processing of the feedback has been completed and then deleted immediately. At no time does the jury know who has submitted which idea. Personal data will only be passed on to the organisation affected by the feedback with the consent of the person providing the feedback.
- in the event of a complaint, the personal data will only be forwarded to the responsible complaints office in consultation with the complainant.
4. Legal basis for processing personal data
The legal basis for collecting your data is: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR (consent).
5. Reasons for data processing
The data collected is used to conduct the idea and feedback management at the University of Konstanz.
6. Storage duration
The data mentioned above will be stored as long as it is required
- For idea management purposes: The data will be deleted immediately after the awarding process has been completed at the latest.
- For feedback management purposes: The data will be deleted immediately after the feedback process has been completed at the latest.
7. Sharing data
Internal recipients: The processing of all data takes place in the Kanzler's office - PPO. Personal data of the feedback giving person will only be provided to the to the university unit to which the feedback applies, upon explicit consent of the person submitting the feedback.
External recipients: None.
8. Revocation of consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, your personal data will be deleted immediately and the idea and feedback management process will be terminated. The legality of the processing remains unaffected until you withdraw your consent.
9. Your rights
- In accordance with Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information from the University of Konstanz about any data it stores that is related to your person and/or to have incorrect data corrected as per Article 16 GDPR.
- Moreover, you have the right to have your data deleted (Article 17 GDPR) or the processing of data limited (Article 18 GDPR).
- To better understand and exercise your rights, please contact our data protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- You also have the right to file a complaint with the regulating authority if you believe that the processing and use of your personal data is in violation of the law (Article 77 GDPR). The responsible contact person at the regulating authority is the “Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg” (state commissioner for data protection and freedom of information in Baden-Württemberg) https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de.