Tiare Feuchtner is tenure-track-professor for Computer Science at the University of Konstanz since 2021. Since 2022 she is a Principal Investigator in the Centre for Human | Data | Society. She received her bachelor’s degree in Media Informatics at the Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) in Austria and her master’s degree in Computer Science at the Technical University of Berlin (TU Berlin). In 2018 she obtained her PhD in Computer Science (thesis: Designing for Hand Ownership in Interaction with Virtual and Augmented Reality) at Aarhus University (Denmark). She was then postdoctoral researcher at the Virtual and Augmented Reality group at TU Wien and the Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction group at Aarhus University. Tiare Feuchtner has expert knowledge in Human-Computer Interaction, with a focus on embodiment and novel user interfaces for immersive mixed reality (MR) technologies. Her research focuses on issues regarding user representation, tracking and anonymity concerning the interaction with mixed reality, the social impact of the metaverse, and the development of user interfaces that create believable experiences of co-presence and effective tools for collaboration in MR (e.g., VR and AR).
- Wieland, J., Garcia, R.C.H., Reiterer, H., Feuchtner, T., Arrow, Bézier. 2022. Curve, or Halos? – Comparing 3D Out-of-View Object Visualization Techniques for Handheld Augmented Reality. In 2022 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR). IEEE.
- Belo, J. M. E., Feit, A. M., Feuchtner, T., and Grønbæk, K., 2021. XRgonomics: Facilitating the creation of ergonomic 3D interfaces. In Proceedings of the 2021 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- Jetter, H.-C., Schröder, J.-H., Gugenheimer, J., Billinghurst, M., Anthes, C., Khamis, M., and Feuchtner, T. 2021. Transitional Interfaces in Mixed and Cross-Reality: A new frontier? In Interactive Surfaces and Spaces.
- Jetter, H.-C., Rädle, R., Feuchtner, T., Anthes, C., Friedl, J., and Klokmose, C. N. 2020. "In VR, everything is possible!": Sketching and simulating spatially-aware interactive spaces in virtual reality. In Proceedings of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- Olin, P. A., Issa, A. M., Feuchtner, T., and Grønbæk, K. 2020. Designing for Heterogeneous Cross-Device Collaboration and Social Interaction in Virtual Reality. In 32nd Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction.
- Seinfeld, S., Feuchtner, T., Maselli, A., and Müller, J. 2020. User representations in human-computer interaction. In Human–Computer Interaction (2020), pp. 1–39.
- Seinfeld, S., Feuchtner, T., Pinzek, J., and Müller, J. 2020. Impact of Information Placement and User Representations in VR on Performance and Embodiment. In IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (2020).
- Winther, F., Ravindran, L., Svendsen, K. P., Feuchtner, T. 2020. Design and evaluation of a VR training simulation for pump maintenance based on a use case at grundfos. In 2020 IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces (VR).
- Feuchtner, T. and Müller, J. 2018. Ownershift: Facilitating overhead interaction in virtual reality with an ownership preserving hand space shift. In Proceedings of the 31st Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST’18).
- Feuchtner, T. and Müller, J. 2017. Extending the Body for Interaction with Reality. In Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.