Stefan Leue has been a professor for Software and Systems Engineering at the Department of Computer and Information Science at the University of Konstanz since 2004. In 2022 he was elected as a member of the Extended Directorate of the Centre for Human | Data | Society. After studying Computer Science and Economics at the University of Hamburg, he received his doctorate in 1995 (thesis: Methods and Semantics for Telecommunications Systems Engineering) at the University of Bern (Switzerland). From 1995 to 2000 he was first an assistant Professor and then a tenured associate professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Waterloo (Canada). In 1998 he was a member of technical staff at Bell Laboratories in Murray Hill, USA. From 2000 to 2004 he was a professor of Computer Networks and Telematics of the University of Freiburg. Since 2007 he has been a member of the Steering Committee of the SPIN Symposium on Model Checking of Software (SPIN) Since 2018 he has been a member of the Cluster of Excellence Centre for the Advanced Study of Collective Behaviour. Stefan Leue has expert knowledge in Legal Tech, Formal Reasoning, Machine Learning as well as general Software and Systems Engineering. His research focuses on the use of formal methods in the design and analysis of complex systems, with a special focus on embedded software systems and system architectures, the algorithmics and application of model checking, analysis and repair of timed systems, causality analysis and data-centric software engineering.
- Khoja, Alan, Martin Kölbl, Stefan Leue, and Rüdiger Wilhelmi. 2022. Automated Consistency Analysis for Legal Contracts. In: Legunsen, O., Rosu, G. (eds) Model Checking Software. SPIN 2022. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 13255. Springer, Cham.
- Bauer-Marquart, Fabian, David Boetius, Stefan Leue, and Christian Schilling. 2022. SpecRepair: Counter-Example Guided Safety Repair of Deep Neural Networks. In Model Checking Software. SPIN 2022, pp. 79-96. Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-15077-7_5.
- Kölbl, Martin, Stefan Leue, and Thomas Wies. 2022. Automated Repair for Timed Systems. Formal Methods in System Design. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10703-022-00397-5.
- Kölbl, Martin and Stefan Leue. 2018. Automated functional safety analysis of automated driving systems. In F. Howar and J. Barnat, eds., Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems. FMICS 2018, pages 35–51. Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00244-2_3.
- Leitner-Fischer, Florian and Stefan Leue. 2013. Causality checking for complex system models. In R. Giacobazzi, J. Berdine, and I. Mastroeni, eds., Verification, Model Checking, and Abstract Interpretation. VMCAI2013, pages 248–267. Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-35873-9_16.
- Aljazzar, Husain and Stefan Leue. 2011. K*: A heuristic search algorithm for finding the k shortest paths. Artificial Intelligence 175(18):2129–2154.
- Leue, Stefan and Wei Wei. 2011. Integer linear programming based property checking for asynchronous reactive systems. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 99(2):216–236. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSE.2011.1.
- Aljazzar, Husain and Stefan Leue. 2010. Directed explicit state-space search in the generation of counterexamples for stochastic model checking. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 36(1):37–60. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSE.2009.57.
- Edelkamp, Stefan, Stefan Leue, and Alberto Lluch-Lafuente. 2004. Directed explicit-state model checking in the validation of communication protocols. International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer 5(2–3):247–267.
- Ladkin, P.B., Leue, S. Interpreting Message Flow Graphs. Formal Aspects of Computing 7, 473–509 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01211629.