Visiting Fellowships 2022
We are currently not accepting applications for 2022, as we have fully exhausted our capacities. We hope to be able to accept new incoming applications for 2023 in the near future.
Postdoctoral stipends for up to 6 months to support early career researchers from Ukraine
As fellows of the Zukunftskolleg, we stand in solidarity with our fellow researchers in Ukraine. Therefore, we establish research fellowships for early career researchers in Ukraine threatened by the current war (“scholars at risk”).
The Zukunftskolleg is an Institute for Advanced Studies (IAS). It offers fellowships as well as a diverse support network to promote the independence of early career researchers. Researchers at the postdoctoral level can work with minimal administrative constraints, and enjoy the freedom to engage in meaningful exchange with other up-and-coming colleagues as well as with distinguished senior researchers. Researchers in the humanities, social and natural sciences come to Konstanz from around the world to perform first-class research. The Zukunftskolleg is a keystone in the University of Konstanz's institutional strategy and the University of Konstanz is one of Germany’s eleven Universities of Excellence.
Visiting Fellowships will be awarded on a rolling basis after a fast selection process. The Zukunftskolleg’s Executive Committee (EC) will award the fellowships. We will not offer employment contracts.
- You are an early career researcher (Postdoc) currently employed at a Ukrainian academic institution (irrespective of your nationality). Applications from our partner universities Kyiv National Economic University & Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv are particularly encouraged.
- You hold a doctorate (awarded in 2017 or later).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- During the on-campus research stay, you will receive a stipend of € 2,000/month.
- Family allowance of 194€/month per accompanying child.
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip.
- Office space at the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to library resources and IT services at the University of Konstanz.
Please submit the following application documents as separate PDF files in English to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A short cover letter providing some background information (duration applied for, current residence, number of accompanying partner/children, academic plans for the stay in Konstanz, etc.)
- A proof of employment from a Ukrainian academic institution
- A current curriculum vitae
- A 200 word abstract of the current research project
- Doctoral certificate (if possible)
Questions can be directed to Daniela Kromrey via e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: (+49 (0)7531 88–5686). There is no deadline, we will fill positions on a rolling basis. The final number of positions offered will depend on available funding.
For scholars who are unable to leave Ukraine, we can offer a digital affiliation.
The application process follows four sequential steps.
- Application by candidate
- Eligibility check
- Matching Research Tandems
- Award by Executive Committee (EC)