Doctoral Fellowships support students in the final phase of their doctoral studies who are working in projects conducted within the Zukunftskolleg. The aim is to strengthen the academic ties of these aspiring researchers.
Doctoral Fellowships consist of a work contract with the University of Konstanz of up to six months. For the entire grant period, doctoral students will become Associated Fellows of the Zukunftskolleg.
- participate in the Zukunftskolleg's weekly Jour fixe.
- can apply for Mentorships
- profit from non-monetary support
In order to be eligible, candidates must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants are employed in a research project led by a Fellow
- Applicants are officially enrolled as doctoral students at the University of Konstanz
- No alternative funding source is available
Currently no call for applications - calls for applications are opened on a regular basis. Application in between calls is not accepted.
Applications should be submitted by the Fellows in collaboration with their doctoral students in English as one PDF file via e-mail.
The following documents are required to submit the application:
- Statement explaining why the grant is needed (max. 1 page)
- Description of the PhD research project (max. 4 pages)
- Time and work plan for the term of funding
- Curriculum vitae of the doctoral student
- Proof of the enrollment as a student at the University of Konstanz