Dr. Cornelia Klocker
Zukunftskolleg/Department of Law
University of Konstanz
Phone: +49 7531 88-2808
- Collective punishment and international human rights law, (Abingdon: Routledge, 2020)
- ‘The UN Security Council and EU CSDP operations: Exploring EU military operations from an outside perspective,’ Europe and the World: A law review 5 (1), (2021): 3-17.
- ‘Punitive house burning in Chechnya: Is collective punishment outside armed conflict prohibited?,‘ Review of Central and East European Law 44, (2019): 31-57.
- ‘Suppressing Collective Memory: Chechnya’s ‘Day of Memory and Grief’ and the rehabilitation of Stalinism in today's Russia,‘ London Journal of Critical Thought 2 (1), (2018): 38-49.
- Compensating victims of armed conflict: Evidence from the European Court of Human Rights,‘ in Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law: Challenges Ahead, Edward Elgar Publishing, eds. Norman Weiß and Andreas Zimmermann, accepted, forthcoming 2021.
- ‘Collective punishment,‘ in Elgar Encyclopedia of Human Rights, Edward Elgar Publishing, eds. Manfred Nowak, Jane A Hofbauer, Philipp Janig and Christina Binder, accepted, forthcoming 2021.
- ‘Estemirova v. Russia: a missed opportunity for the protection of human rights defenders,’ Strasbourg Observers (8 October 2021), https://strasbourgobservers.com/2021/10/08/estemirova-v-russia-a-missed-opportunity-for-the-protection-of-human-rights-defenders/.
- ‘When do groups matter? Language use in the European Court of Human Rights and the collective dimension of non-discrimination cases,’ Blog des Berliner Arbeitskreises Rechtswirklichkeit (24 November 2020), https://barblog.hypotheses.org/3819.
- ‘Empowerment of indigenous and ethnic groups: Comparing cases on land use under the ACHPR and ECHR,’ Völkerrechtsblog (30 September 2019), doi: 10.17176/20190930-232550-0.
- ‘Collective punishment in Chechnya,‘ European Human Rights Advocacy Centre Bulletin 29, (Summer 2018): 4f.
- Case summary ‘Abakarova v Russia,‘ European Human Rights Advocacy Centre Bulletin 25, (Summer 2016): 24f.
- Case summary ‘Dalakov v Russia,‘ European Human Rights Advocacy Centre Bulletin 26, (Winter 2016): 12.
- ‘Discriminatory practices in armed conflict contexts: exploring the approach of the European Court of Human Rights and the turn to the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination as a gateway to alternative for a,’ together with Deborah Casalin, currently under review at Human Rights Law Review
- In-Person teaching and course development: ‘Introduction to the law of armed conflict and international criminal justice’ winter term 2021/22, 6 ECTS
- Guest lecture, research colloquium, Law Department, 30.06.2021: “Interdisziplinäres Arbeiten” (“Interdisciplinary Research Methods”)
- Online teaching and course development: Seminar ‘Minority rights in Europe’ summer term 2021, 6 ECTS
- Online teaching and course development: Lecture ‘International Relations Law of the European Union’ summer term 2020, 6 ECTS (substitute for Prof. Dr. Daniel Thym, LL.M.)
- In-Person teaching and course development: Seminar ‘Minority rights in Europe’ winter term 2019/20, 6 ECTS