The foundation was established on 1 March 1979 by Manfred Ulmer, an entrepreneur from Spaichingen who endowed the foundation with a sum of 150,000 German marks. Over the last decades, the endowment capital was raised to 240,000 euros thanks to various supplementary endowments.
The mission of the foundation is to fund and support
- special teaching and research activities
- junior researchers
- other study-related events organised by the University of Konstanz.
- Professor Kerstin Krieglstein, rector of the University of Konstanz
- Tina Ulmer-Ziehr, journalist
- Helmut Hengstler, Regierungsdirektor (senior government official), retd., University of Konstanz
Board of trustees
- Michael Beck, mayor, Tuttlingen
- Dr Bernhard Everke, mayor, retd., Donaueschingen
- Professor Katharina Holzinger, political scientist, University of Konstanz
- Professor Hanns-Peter Knaebel, chair of the Aesculap AG managing board, Tuttlingen
- Ewald Marquardt, entrepreneur, Rietheim-Weilheim
- Erik Pauly, mayor, Donaueschingen
- Judith Margarethe Ulmer, honorary general consul, retd.
Julia Wandt, Director of Communications and Marketing, University of Konstanz
How can I give?
Stiftung Wissenschaft und Gesellschaft
IBAN: DE72 6905 0001 0000 0633 39
Your donation or supplementary endowment will make a difference!