With up to 2.5 million €, the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize is the highest endowed German award. It is often referred to as the German Nobel Prize. The grant serves to improve the working conditions for scientists and scholars, expand their research possibilities, reduce administrative cost and make it easier to employ young academics.
- Professor Jürgen Osterhammel, Department of History and Sociology
- Professor Albrecht Koschorke, Department of Literary Studies
- Professor Aditi Lahiri, Department of Linguistics
- Professor Regine Hengge-Aronis
- Professor Jürgen Mlynek, Department of Physics
- Professor Jürgen Mittelstraß, Department of Philosophy