The language and style of its texts also reflects the University of Konstanz’s institutional identity and values: Here, you will find recommendations for writing content that really captures your readers' attention.
- Using uniform diction promotes instant recognizability and clarity.
- General tips for online editors and how to reach a web audience in German.
- Using gender-equitable language reflects how seriously the University of Konstanz takes its responsibility to ensure equal opportunity for men and women.
- All web pages should be engaging and clearly structured, also taking mobile devices into account as behoves a modern university.
- Tips on how to appeal to various international target groups are available on our Tips for writing English texts and tips for English websites pages as well as in our English-German glossary of relevant university terms. If you need something translated or require support with your own translation, please contact our translation team.
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which also applies in Germany, entered into force on 25 May 2018 and requires websites to provide additional information about the personal data they collect on their users. (GDPR information for web editors)