In addition to our own internship and job portal, you can use this page to access additional online internship and job portals that we have either tested ourselves or that have been recommended to us by students and graduates.
Our own internship and job portal includes job openings that employers send us daily. These advertisements are also hung on the “job walls” in the entrance area and inside the Student Service Centre (SSZ). They are also forwarded to the relevant departments. You can access the portal using your university email address and password. If you have already graduated, you can submit an online registration form to access it.
To provide you with a better overview, we have separated the following job portals by category.
Meta-job search engines
Meta-job search engines browse job portals or company websites for relevant job openings.
- univillage is specifically for students and graduates
- jobrapido has relatively simple search functions. There is a special category for graduates and students. It searches job portals as well as recruiting and business websites.
- jobturbo lets you search specifically for internship and trainee positions. It browses the leading job portals, daily and weekly newspapers as well as professional journals.
- Careerjet is a network of job search engines present in over 90 countries, including Germany.
- Careerjet in Switzerland
- jooble is a global job search engine that also searches different German job portals.
- crosswater-job-guide as niche job search engine
- The Local Jobs finds offers in English with English as (main) working language
- JobsinNetwork operates worldwide but has a local focus via subpages (e. g. jobsinstuttgart.com). The search engine focusses on offers for English speaking professionals, other language knowledge is often required.
Large job portals
There are several very large job portals that publish a large number of internship and job openings.
- karriere-familienunternehmen presents Germany’s leading family businesses.
- jobboerse is a central service for job-seekers and employers provided by the Arbeitsagentur (job agency)
- Monster is the world’s largest job search engine, which you can search both nationally and internationally.
- StepStone is specifically for academics.
- Stellenanzeigen is one of the leading online job portals for (management) professionals in Germany.
- jobs is Switzerland’s largest job portal.
- experteer gives you access to senior positions in Switzerland and connects you with headhunters and recruiters.
- Yourfirm is a job portal for very successful but less known medium-sized businesses with internship and job openings.
- Europe Language Jobs lists job offers in Europe based on required language skills.
- Interamt.de is a job portal for public service and administration.
- German foundations post job offers on stiftungen.org
The following portals specialise in internship openings. You can often also find trainee or career entry positions.
- praktikum publishes openings in internships, internships abroad, study abroad and career entry.
- praktikum.info publishes job openings in Germany.
- praktikumsanzeigen.info is a portal with current job advertisements.
- praktikumsanzeigen is a portal for interns.
- meinpraktikum has its own internship rating platform.
Departmental internship databases
Here you can find the internship and job databases for the following departments:
Companies offer a broad range of trainee programmes. These pages provide an overview of the different programmes and give suggestions for finding a trainee position.
- Trainee-Geflüster is a blog for trainees with interviews, information, salary details and trainee positions.
- access2trainee includes business profiles, trainee positions and general information on trainee programmes.
- iTraineeship.com offers international trainee programmes.
- trainee.de offers trainee positions in Germany.
Career entry positions
These job portals are especially for students, graduates and young professionals. They also provide extensive information for your career start.
Daily and weekly newspapers publish job advertisements in both their print and online editions.
Completing a student project or thesis in a business and other options
You can gain practical work experience in different projects as well; it does not always have to be an internship!
Regional newspapers usually also contain local job openings. If you would like to work in a particular region, you should definitely use the local press as a resource.
- Karriere im Süden is a service provided by the business development offices in the Lake Constance region.
- jobs-im-suedwesten shows job openings in Konstanz and the surrounding region.
- bw-jobs is a job portal for professionals in Baden-Württemberg in the fields of automotive/engineering, technology, information and communication technology and life science/ecology.
- Südkurier is a local daily newspaper with mainly local job advertisements.
- jobsued is the Schwäbische Zeitung’s job portal.
- backinjob is a regional job and internship portal.
- bw-career is a career platform for academics and research in Baden-Württemberg.