Frequently asked questions

External Page

To view this content (source: ), please click on Accept. We would like to point out that by accepting this iframe, data could be transmitted to third parties or cookies may be stored.

You can find more information on our privacy policy .

How do I register?

In order to take part in university sports, you will either need to purchase a sport ticket to book an activity from the sports programme


you can purchase a SportABO or a uniMotion membership.
If you have a SportABO or uniMotion membership, the sport ticket is already included and you can book any activity you like.

How much does it cost?

  • Sport ticket:
    Students: € 5.00 per semester // staff and VEUK members: € 10.00 // guests: € 10.00 per semester
    For more information and to purchase a sport ticket, visit this website.
  • SportABO:
    Students: € 49.00 per semester  // staff and VEUK members: € 75.00 per semester
    For more information and to book a SportAbo, visit this website.
  • uniMotion:
    Students: € 26.00 per month   // staff and VEUK members: € 33.00 per month
    To find out more about a uniMotion membership visit this website.
  • Sport courses:
    Each course costs € 19.00 per semester.
    For more information and to register for courses, visit this website.

What if I want to cancel my registration?

You do not need to cancel your sport ticket or registration for activities that you would not like to participate in the next time they are offered. We only debit the respective amount from your account once.

The SportABO can be cancelled at any time via email to, by visiting the University Sports Service office (“Hochschulsport”) or by submitting the cancellation form at least two weeks before the end of the semester (by 15 September or 15 March respectively).

The SportABO will otherwise automatically be extended for another semester.

Your uniMotion membership will automatically be extended for another six months, unless you cancel it by the 15th of the last month of your membership by submitting the cancellation form, emailing  or by coming to the uniMotion information desk or the University Sports Service office (“Hochschulsport”).

What if I want to cancel my registration or switch to another event?

There are plenty of reasons why you might need to change or cancel your registration for an activity: a change in your class schedule, an illness or injury, for example.

As long as you make these changes before the cancellation deadline listed in “AGB” (terms and conditions) § 5 - Rücktritte (cancellations): then you can change or cancel your registration without a problem.

Even if you cancel afterwards, we do our best so you aren’t stuck with the costs. For example, we try to book you in another course for the current semester or let someone else take your place in the course (and pay instead).

I am not a member of the University of Konstanz. Can I still take part in university sports?

Yes, you do have options.

  • If you are a student or staff member at the HTWG Konstanz - University of Applied Sciences or the Thurgau University of Teacher Education (PHTG), you can take participate under the same conditions as University of Konstanz members.
  • Students from other universities can also take part in Konstanz university sports.
  • Guests can take part in courses that are not entirely booked.
    They can book two weeks after the official start of registration for each semester.
  •  By the way, VEUK members enjoy the same conditions as University of Konstanz staff.