to develop and implement individual research projects.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship is available to researchers regardless of their nationality and field of research.
The Fellowship will begin on December 1, 2017, and end on November 30, 2019.
provides a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. Fellows have the opportunity to benefit from a variety of career development measures, including the University of Konstanz’s Academic Staff Development and Research Support offices. Fellows may nominate recognized experts in their field of research as Senior Fellows, who will be invited to Konstanz for a research stay of one to nine months. Each Postdoctoral Fellow receives a research allowance. A pool is available for funding cooperative projects, research assistants, travel, and equipment purchases. Each Fellow is a member of both a university department and the Zukunftskolleg
The target group consists of excellent researchers at the postdoctoral level, with leadership abilities and a capacity for teamwork, so that they can reasonably be expected to take up leading roles in academia.
Applicant Requirements for this Fellowship include:
- Candidates must be in possession of a doctoral degree by September 1, 2017 and have acquired two years of postdoctoral research experience at most.
- Candidates must not hold an academic permanent position, a professorship, or have a habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi). Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible.
- Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz. Applicants should contact potential mentors (Local Hosts) among the researchers at the University of Konstanz in order to ensure appropriate affiliation. Support from the department strengthens the application.
Fellows have an opportunity to teach. They are expected to participate actively in the regular weekly meetings of the Zukunftskolleg
and to have their place of residence in Konstanz or surroundings.
Fellows are selected on the basis of their academic excellence, the quality and topicality of their research project outline, personal aptitude with regard to leadership and team skills. International experience in teaching or research, and a strong interest in interdisciplinary topics are desirable.
Applications are evaluated in a two-stage process:
1. Eligibility check and pre-selection based on the written application;
2. Further selection based on independent peer reviews.
Candidates will be informed about the decision around the middle of October 2017.
More information on the Zukunftskolleg
and current Fellows, as well as a special section devoted to the application and selection process (application forms, guidelines on eligibility, evaluation criteria, the timeline and the stages of the selection process) are available on our website at: https://www.uni-konstanz.de/zukunftskolleg/ .
The University of Konstanz encourages applications from people with a disability. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact +497531/88–4016).
The University of Konstanz is an equal opportunity employer that tries to increase the number of women in research and teaching.
The University of Konstanz is committed to further the compatibility of work and family life.
The University of Konstanz offers a „Dual Career Couples Program“. Information can be obtained from: http://www.uni-konstanz.de/dcc
All applications and supporting materials must be submitted in English via the Online Application Platform including reference number 2017/053 at:
The required documents include a completed application form, a letter of motivation, research proposal, curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and two letters of reference.
The deadline for applications is June 13, 2017, 11:00 am (Konstanz time).
Anda Lohan, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Management Team, e-mail: email@example.com