Chair for Software Engineering
The uni´kon reports in the lead article of its 36th edition on our work on the verification of an airbag system.
- The University of Konstanz is hosting the international conference "Middle East Simulation (MES 2009)", June 11 - 14, 2009, Konstanz, Germany.
The book Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems,
edited by Stefan Leue and Pedro Merino, has appeared.
12th International Workshop, FMICS 2007, Berlin, Germany, July 1-2, 2007,
Revised Selected Papers
Series: Lecture Notes in Computer Science , Vol. 4916
Prof. Leue will be on sabbatical during the Winter Term
2008/9. He will spend the Fall Term as a visiting professor at ETH
- Prof. Leue will co-chair (with Prof. Laurie Dillon of Michigan State University) the New Faculty Symposium of the 30th International Conference on Software Engineering
- The BITKOM IT industry association predicts a shortage of computer scienctists and engineers in Germany:
The DFG has approved a two-year extension of the research project IMCOS: Incomplete Model Checking for Concurrent Object-Oriented Systems. Openings for a PhD student and a Post-Doc are immediately available, please contact Prof. Leue if interested.
Prof. Leue co-chaired the FMICS 2007 workshop (jointly with Prof. Pedro Merino
of the University of Malaga) tentatively to be held jointly with CAV 2007 at Berlin in July 2007.
Under the heading
"Fehler im System - der Traum von Software ohne Bugs" (System Faults - the Dream of Bug-free Software)
SPIEGEL ONLINE reports, amongst others, on the use of model checking technology (in German).
The Year of Science in 2006 in Germany: Informatikjahr (Year of Computer Science).
- Our research will be presented during the upcoming CONCUR and
New research project "Directed Model Checking in the Analysis of Real-Time and Probabilistic Systems" - funding approved by DFG.
- Prof. Leue gave his inaugural lecture (Antrittsvorlesung)
with the title 'Der Traum von fehlerfreier Software' during the Dies Academicus on Saturday, October 22,
2005. The Lecture recording in various formats is available now at the lecture page as well as the slides and the abstract.