- Dr. phil.habil. (Ph.D. in Philosophical
Sciences); Catholic University of Eichstätt, 1992.
- "Venia legendi" (the
right to teach) at the University of Konstanz (1993 -).
- Dr. rer.soc. (Ph.D. in Social
Sciences); University of Konstanz, 1984.
- Diplom-Psychologe (Master in
Psychology); University of Heidelberg, 1973.
- Graduation from High School
of Science (naturwissenschaftliches Gymnasium) Weierhof, Rheinland-Pfalz,
- Graduation from Southmoreland
High School, Pennsylvania, USA, 1966.
- Director of the KMDD-certification program (1999 -)
- Full appointment
for teaching and research at the Department of Psychology of the University of Konstanz. Lectures and seminars: educational psychology, teaching and learning, developmental, moral and democratic psychology, counselling and supervision, research design and test construction (2001 - 2010).
- Director of the KMDD training project of the German Armed Forces (2007 - 2009).
- Director of the joint computer
laboratories for teaching at the University of Konstanz (1987 - 2001).
- Co-director of the project Demokratie und Erziehung in der Schule (DES; democracy and education in schools) of the Ministry of Education of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (1985 - 1991).
- Researcher at the Special Research
Unit "Educational Research" (Sonderforschungsbereich 23, Bildungsforschung),
University of Konstanz (1973 - 1986).
- Visiting professor at Humboldt University Berlin (1993/94)
- Visiting professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago (1995/96)
- Visiting professor at the University of Monterrey, Mexico (1999)
- Director of the KMDD teacher training program of the Secretaria de Educación de Bogotá (2003)
- Director of the KMDD training program at the Instituto Tecnológico y Estudios Superiores (ITESM) de Monterrey, México(2004).
- Director of the project KMDD in Saxony - KiS (2013-2014)
Research, Education & Evaluation Projects ("year-" designates ongoing projects)
- Ministerio de Educación National de Colombia (2004 - 2010)
- Berlin-Moabit prison project "Talking and Listening" (with Kay Hemmerling and Matthias Scharlipp) (2008 -)
Comité Regional Norte de la Comisión Mexicana, Monterrey: Workshop on the Konstanz Method of Dilemma Discussion KMDD (2007)
- ACCA - Association of Chartered Certified Accountants: Development of a new instrument for fostering ethical sensitivity in accountant students and measurement of developmental progress during study (with Dr. Marcia Schillinger) (2007)
- German Armed Forces: Training and certification of GAF-teachers on the Konstanz Method of Dilemma Discussion (2006- ).
- Monterrey, Mexico (Instituto Tecnológico y Estudios Superiores ITESM, Monterrey): Training and certification of ethics professors on the Konstanz Method of Dilemma Discussion (2004-2009)
- UNESCO / International Bureau of Education, Geneva: The assessment of moral & democratic competencies (2003).
de Educación, Bogotá, Colombia: Moral and Democratic
Learning / KMDD, Teacher Training Programs, Assessment Studies; (1998-2003 )
- Haifa, Israel: Project "Moral
Competence and Political Activism"; Prof. M. Gross (1994/96)
- Switzerland: Project "Humanizing
of Vocational Training by Fostering Social-moral Development"/HASMU,
EVA, Prof. F. Oser (1979-83)
- Reviewer for the Hans Böckler-Stiftung.