DFG Forschergruppe Logik in der PhilosophiePhilosophie.Forschung.Abgeschlossene Projekte.Drittmittelprojekte.DFG Forschergruppe Logik in der Philosophie
Welcome to the homepage of the research group "Logic in Philosophy". We believe that logic ought to bear in mind the rest of philosophy, and vice versa. We apply this creed to a range of issues from epistemology, metaphysics, the philosophy of language, and the philosophy of mind.
Our headquarter is in Constance, where quite a few of us reside. We have branches in Regensburg, São Paulo, and Stuttgart. The group is financed by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft.
On this website you will find information about our
- Manfred Kupffer: The Return of Rationalism
- Wolfgang Spohn: Anmerkungen zum Begriff des Bewußtseins
- Wolfgang Spohn: Ist Philosophie eine Wissenschaft?
- Wolfgang Spohn: Enumerative Induction and Lawlikeness
- Wolfgang Spohn: Causation: An Alternative
- Wolfgang Spohn: On the Objectivity of Facts, Beliefs, and Values
- Arthur Merin: Presuppositions, and Practical Reason
- Leon Horsten: A Note Concerning the Notion of Satisfiability.
- Leon Horsten: Canonical Notation Systems.
- Arthur Merin: Unthinkable Syndromes: Paradoxa of Relevance and Constraints on Diagnostic Categories.
- Arthur Merin: Replacing 'Horn Scales' by Act-Based Relevance Orderings to Keep Negation and Numerals Meaningful.
- Arthur Merin: Probabilistic and Deterministic Presuppositions.
Social Welfare and Inequality, July 3 and 4, University of Constance
Properties, Modality, and States of
Affairs, January 24 and 25, 2003, University of Constance
Mental and Physical Reality: Discussions with Galen Strawson, October 24 and 25, 2002, University of Constance
"Possibilities, Contexts and Belief"—Zur Philosophie von Robert Stalnaker, April 18–20, 2002, University of Constance
Belief States: On the Structure of Doxastic Alternatives, February 16, 2001, University of Constance
Alvin Goldman’s Epistemology, November 10, 2000, University of Constance
Keith Lehrer’s Epistemology, June 16, 2000, University of Constance
Mini-Workshop "Logic in Philosophy", October 25, 1999, University of Constance
Proof Theoretic Semantics, January 17–19, 1999, University of Tübingen
Pragmatism Today, May 10–12, 2001, University of Constance
Philosophy of Mathematics: 100 years of Hilbert's problem address, September 28–29, 2000, University of Bielefeld (as part of the GAP-Conference "Perspectives in Analytical Philosophy 4")
Theories of Truth, Necessity and Provability, November 18–20, 1999, University of Leuven, Belgium (This conference is organized in cooperation with the University of Leuven.)